Monday, June 24, 2013

Fun with the Youngens Day 1 (Well, actually 2 1/2)



So I'm trying hard to take the opportunity I have this week with only my middle and younger kids to do some fun mommy things. My desperate desire for time to myself after I finish my chores and Brigham's 6am wake up time left me very unhappy about the idea but I persevered and we had a pretty good day:) We swam for a long time early this morning, then we made wire creations. Alena made the butterfly that you see, Sammy made the lizard holding everything up, Alena also made the red ring in the front, and I made the treble clef and the 'B' ring (for Luke and Brigham respectively). Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself!
For the first time in his life Brigham just fell asleep with no compulsion. I left him in the Game Room with the order NOT to come out until those swim trunks had been traded for shorts and undies so we could go to the swim banquet and I went to help Alena shower and dress Sennia. When I came to check on him, this is what I found. I couldn't believe it. 6am is a bit too early for this rough and tumble.
Swim Banquet was held at a roller rink. Pretty fun. Coach Leigh is way back there handing out awards and trophies.

Here are my crazies with their trophies.


He was PRETTY DARN proud of this.

They had a lot of fun even if they didn't get to skate.

Our wild woman took these in honor of her missing biggest brothers.


Our swim and church friends skating and playing arcade.


Alena was pretty jealous that her friends were skating. She was sure that she would be a pro and NEVER fall. NEVER. Haha. We couldn't really afford it, nor was I up to solo with all our novices and a baby so we left as soon as we got our loot.





Brig and Sen pretended to play arcade:)
So I don't have any pictures from Sunday, but it turned out to be a nice day. Sennia was up for 2 hrs in the night so that was rough but to be expected when Matt's gone things like that happen dependably. But the kids got ready for church and then listened to 'Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Farm' while they picked up the GameRoom and I practiced a special musical number with some ladies for church. Then we had lunch and went to church and a friend sat at the end of our row and Brigham entertained her since I'm sure she was desperately missing her 3 yr old she'd left at home and wishing somebody would keep her from hearing the meeting this week.  The musical number went well and Sennia spent RS alone in nursery for the first time and loved it. Oh ya. Seriously. Then, I bought a $5 Wal-Mart video the other day for the first time-Joseph Prince of Egypt and I let them watch it on Sunday. So so nice. It was a good day until I just got so lonely without Matt I could hardly stand it. Oh well, nothing's perfect.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, those grins are the best. I am glad they all made it through the swim season. Wish we could do it too.

    ReplyDelete