Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brig's First Race

After last week when I threw him in and he climbed back out, today he was ready. He told me he was going to canon ball in. I said great. As long as he wanted to swim I willingly held his hand and walked with him to wait in line while holding Sennia.
 I was thrilled that I got to sit on the ready bench during each heat that came before him-while holding Sennia. I happily shared his heart pounding nervousness that led him to jump too early. So canon ball it was.

I tossed his kickboard a little far but of course he could easily swim the length without it. A friend suggested I tie a string to it next time and pull it along so he swims it w/o it.


He was trying to find me among the crowd. I'd gone around to the finish. He swam great once I finally got his attention.
 


He almost backed out of the whole thing when I told him he couldn't swim in Alena's heat so she was at his finish cheering him on along with dad.

Here's my little hurricane family. I haven't seen the results but I think we got some personal bests. Sammy in particular placed first in his freestyle heat, did much better with his backstroke and didn't DQ all day. Neither Eli nor Luke DQ'ed either. Way to go kids!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of your little swimming family. I love it.

    ReplyDelete