Monday, June 24, 2013

Best Father's Day Ever

Just in case anyone want to see the real deal, just look at our group shots. They are never brag-worthy, but just real. Here's the marvelous Father's Day breakfast I made. Waffles, whipped cream and strawberries=everyone happy.


(Sennia loves "helping" with the garden)
This year I went all out. It's been a while because for so many years the hard part of life was weighted so heavily on my side that Matt didn't even expect. Father's Day was an opportunity to actually take time to be a dad if anything. So this year I really had no excuse. He got to sleep in, water and baby his garden, eat breakfast when he wanted, shower and relax. He seriously had the easiest day and all he could've asked for. Yes, pat, pat, pat. The clothes I spent my hard earned money on didn't fit so he even got to go shopping the next weekend during the 5 hrs he was actually home out of 2weeks. Lucky, lucky man.


We love, love our dad and I really enjoyed giving him a happy day. Actually, in some ways it was a day off for me too. I didn't teach piano lessons, didn't budget or work on callings or. . . I just served my little family. Happy to do it!

1 comment: