Thursday, December 29, 2011

Samuel's birthday and bedroom!

Happy 7th birthday to a very special boy.  This was a wonderful day and I'm so glad. So thankful to the friends who came last minute to celebrate with him, so thankful to a husband who continues to endure all the painting and decorating with me to make his room come together, so thankful for kids who appreciate things, so thankful for a gorgeous afternoon and this slew of awesome kids. I feel so blessed for every child in this picture, that they are friends to my kids. They're seriously terrific!

It was a Star Wars day. Not a great day for frosting but you gotta roll with it right? 
So Samuel prayed for nearly a year ". . .and please help me get the Clone Turbo Tank. . ." The cost just seemed ridiculous, especially since Samuel doesn't really play with his legos that much. He'll spend 10x's those hours using the paper he also got. BUT, persistence does pay off because Matt and I searched and went in with Gram for a brand new off Craig's list set. It was worth the effort just for the scream and the face that came when he opened it. He'd kind of given up after I pointed out a few months ago(thinking there's NO WAY we can afford that) that is was for ages 9 and up and maybe when he was 9 etc etc. He was/is SO happy and his brothers are just as excited for him, as were his friends. Love Kaiser's face:)


 OK, NOW FOR ROOM REAVEAL #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bum, ta, ta DUM!
So the colors look a little funny in this picture. I was so worried about doing both but it had to be done:) I'm quite pleased with how it came out. Daytime jungle/animal scenes on half, night time space(Star Warsish) on the other half. Samuel loves it as you can see from the pictures he insisted in posing in.


We still need to redo his dresser-he's insisting it should be dark green. MMmmm. Maybe we'll concede if he agrees to forget about painting the doors dark green. That's too much:) Notice all the Clone Turbo Tank pieces. The boys had to shelf it until tomorrow so the little boys could get some sleep.
He's posing here.lol. That print says 'Keep Calm and a Jedi you will Be'. Matt and I thought that was only too appropriate for Samuel. It's got Yoda w/ a lightsaber. The color is also perfect to tie the blue and green together, I wish I'd done the curtains a lot differently though. I think they should tie the room together more but he likes them so I'll leave them for a while at least.

His constellation chart above his art wire.

Samuel the Lamanite hero print.

These two boys make it all worth it!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a day/night room and it came together so wonderfully. I don't know about painting the doors either. Too much work. How is it that they have a front door kind of door in their room? Was it an office? I love the poster of Samuel and the Yoda thing. Those are perfect for him. Now you just need one of Bringham Young :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I am super excited for Him that he got the star wars clone tank he has wanted, and if you haven't already please tell him we wish him a happy happy birthday and wish we could call. Love you Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss Sammy!!!!! His room is so so cool Amber. I can't believe he is seven, that seems so old! I was watching the deacons pass the sacrament today and I couldnt help but htink that will be Eli soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and funny story, the Hughes have the whole set of those Hero posters in their basement, I was at the byu bookstore with mom and I started telling her how much I diliked them for their living room etc. mom loudly denied any dilike and told me how much she liked it and quickly walked away. She ws more observant than me, the artist/graphic designer was standing right behind me.lol

    ReplyDelete