Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ready for Christmas #5-? a bunch.

K, I love these! Alena's apron is the ruffley girl one, Brig's is the man apron complete with a big pocket. There are two oven mits as well. Aren't they cute? They match the kitchen set!

I had a wonderful lady Matt used to work with give me a box full of old National Geographic maps. I mounted three of them, actually one's framed, for the boys rooms. The heavens is for Sammy's room.

This ship diagram and the bird migration map are for Luke and Eli respectively. I found a killer deal on the frame for Eli so his isn't really a project, I just framed it but Sam's and Luke's are mounted on foam board.

These are #10 cans covered and decopaged in National Geographic Maps for the boys to organize their things in. Eli and Luke's.

Here are Sam and Brighams. They're magnets with stuff glued to them so they can also rearrange the faces etc. I have smaller sizes too. Good for stones and glass and leaves and all the fun things my boys store up(used gun shells . . .)

Sammy's curtains for his and Brigham's room. They're a little odd but I think they'll look good in his window when all is said and done. I was just trying to save money and didn't buy enough of the more expensive fabric which I regret but I think it will be good.( I know you can't see the picture at all really but it's a galaxy pattern.)

Here are Eli and Luke's curtains. The fabric was more expensive than I usually do so they were a splerge, but they will really pull the room together so I don't regret it at all. Realistically, $16 for curtains with just barely enough leftover to make some sort of pillow someday is quite reasonable but our budget and all we're trying to squeeze out of it was a little strained.

4 comments:

  1. Everything is great! I especially like the magnet faces, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I am in total shock at how much you've done. This is amazing! How in the world did you get all of this done being prego with number six and homeschooling 5 children? I love love love the maps, what a great idea to cover the cans with them! And the Brigham and Samuel sign is so cool, but man it looks time consuming! You'll have to get lots of pictures with Alena and Brigham in there matching aprons, that is going to be so cute! Anyways I LOVE ALL OF IT! YOUR amazing like the energy bunny! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have you gotten ALL this done?! lol I was thinking you'd have one or two awesome projects but seriously where did you find time for ALL of this!? It's amazing!!! I LOVE the aprons and the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Eli and Luke's curtains and wish I could see the others better. Super cool stuff. I think their rooms will turn out awesome. I am excited for the final pictures.

    ReplyDelete