Sunday, January 1, 2012

Last Days of 2011

Butterfly Museum trip.





Our New Year's Eve Feast. Homemade bean dip, Quesos, guacamole and salsas.

The cheese, pepperoni, cracker and baguette spread.

We just had it picnic style in the pool yard. It was a long day starting with a big of football @ 8am, the cleaning the church @9am, taking down wallpaper for most of the rest of the day, reorganizing totes and cleaning out baby boy clothes, washing little girl clothes, buying fireworks(Eli and Luke), and then Eli and I made all the dips for dinner. All in all, it was a good day.(oh, I should mention that I slipped a much needed nap in there)

Happy faces of firework spectators.


It was their favorite New Year's Eve on record, probably because it's the first time we've actually had festivities for them:) What a terrific way to bring in the New Year though. Of course they were all in bed by 9pm so Matt and I could do our own New Year's celebrating. Houston does a mighty fine job. We felt the excitement in the air as midnight struck. 2011 we will remember you fondly, thank you for bringing our family back together again.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun museum! We never do much for the New Year, maybe we should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a cheese, baguette, and curred meat spread as well but I am drooling over your dips. We had chips, and salsa with cream cheese but I was so wishing I could make my homemade black bean dip and have our traditional Mexican fiesta. We missed our usual piƱata party and having friends or family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm totally drooling over her food too Ash! Sounds like an awesome begining to the new year!

    ReplyDelete