Sunday, March 25, 2012

My secret projects

So, I took the initiative with Matt being gone, to attempt a couple of home improvement projects to pass the time.(HAHAHAHAHAHA, if you know my life you're also rolling over laughing) This is the before picture of my Dining Room. We ripped out the carpet(thus the bare lower wall w/ no baseboards), Matt primed the floor to cover the horrible stench(thus the white parts of the cement), and Matt also put down floor leveler(thus the dark cement spots). I am attempting to make it presentable since money has run bone dry and there won't be any wood floor going down in this room for at least another year. I've grown weary of looking at it, wasting the space and having visitors see this first thing.
The link above shows what I'm attempting. I'm not expecting anything magnificent, I'm not patching anything, I'm not doing it for permenance. I'm still really nervous about doing a big job like this w/o the help of the hubby.

Here's the floor with the first coat of paint.

1 comment:

  1. It certainly looks better then before! Are you going to stain it too?

    ReplyDelete