Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Club

My friend and fellow homeschool mom organized a book club for our children. We get together every month with a reading assignment and project. The kids(or moms) pick the books out of a specified genre and then there's an assignment to do to help present the book. These are Quadramas. The kids Made them to illustrate scenes or aspects of their book. I love giving my kids to make monthly presentations. Luke even looks forward to it!

Scene from 'The Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler' that Eli did.

Luke's character presentation of 'The Bobbsey Twins Go to Indian Hollow'
Luke took forever to decide what mystery he wanted to read and had to do his last minute.

Samuel read his first chapter book all on his own. This is a scene from 'The Knight at Dawn'. It's a Magic Treehouse book.

And here is to keeping it real. Brigham was quite a handfull that day. Getting him and Sennia and my whole onterage(sp?) through the library can be an adventure.

That's why I HAD to come home and make this. MMmmm was it good! If I had some avadaco I'd go in there right this minute and make some more. I made 12 rolls of sushi. Any guess as to who ate 2 of them all by himself? Yep, Brig.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these. What a great idea! Good job boys they look really great!

    ReplyDelete