Sunday, March 27, 2011

Update #3 'Nanny'

Nobody should be lost in their own family but Sammy is. He's not really up with Eli and Luke, he's not a girl, he's not a baby. He can't quite read yet, he isn't terrible agile. There are just too many things that he's NOT. What he is, is a fighter. He will work himself to the bone to be part of the big boys. He will try so hard to drag Alena into his imagination-quite humerus because she cannot understand that sweet things just don't fit in. He enjoys reading more and more but his guessing is just holding him back. He can't play many of the games with dad because he's a lousy shot with a nerf gun and can't strategize in Risk. Recently I taught him to play Thurn and Taxis and he did a great job-some serious beginner's luck. He also got a chance to be with Mom, Dad, Alena, and Brigham at the park and had a lovely time racing Matt in an obstacle course. He is the only child who doesn't like his Primary class-I'm not sure why still because I haven't had to go to Primary with him at all. Today he still didn't like it but all the way home from church he told me story after story about when people listened to the Holy Ghost and then asked me for stories when I listened to the Holy Ghost. Recently Brigham settled on a name for him. He calls him "Nanny". Samuel said "Now Brigham likes me!" Poor guy thought the baby brother he adored didn't like him because he said every one's name but his. He still loves lizards and he was very excited when Luke pointed out that the scar on his knee looks obviously like a lizard. That should be a surgery technique-scars that fit the personality.

4 comments:

  1. oh poor Sammy. He is in a tough spot. Good thing he is a fighter. I worry that if we were to have another child it would be a boy and Ethne would be in the same spot :( And Alena is about the same as Sammy. She isn't big-she isn't a baby-and she isn't a boy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Sammy needs to be in Grandma's class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your kids are super cute and all of your boys are handsome, but I must say that I think Sammy is the most handsome and the cutest! He'll come into his own and blow us all out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVVVVVEEEEE my Sammy!!!! And I hope he knows that!!! :) Maybe....he should take pictures of his lizard and email them to me and I could email him more pictures of my Crocodilius!?

    ReplyDelete