Sunday, March 27, 2011

Houston Zoo

We've become somewhat of a zoo expert family. We've been to no less than, um, let me count: Hogal, Denver, Boise, Houston, Dallas, Audubon, Baton Rouge, Maryland, Cape May, Philadelphia, National, Bridgeton, um, that's all I can remember. So 12 zoos that I can think of. Maybe I'll do a blog on the best zoos:) So, on a bad day, we often head off to get some fresh air at the zoo.




Do you see the tiny baby giraffe in the picture above on the right? It was a week old. The daddy is on the other side of the fence and the little family was trying to be affectionate. It was so sweet and made me cry. I'm a little sensitive about divided families.




1 comment:

  1. Enoch, Ezra and Ethne are dissapointed that there isn't anything written about the other animals :( We love the zoo too. You haven't been to the Wellington, NZ zoo. You should come see the kiwi's at our zoo. You know it is hard to see them in the wild because they are nocturnal. We even have a one legged kiwi.Oh and we have an Australian Pelican and a Dingo as well. :) The kids get a big kick out of my saying "The Dingo Ate My Baby!"

    ReplyDelete