Sunday, March 27, 2011

Update #2 Alena

Alena still lives in her own made up world. She's tampering with her first four years, toying with new favorite colors and imaginary people moving away or dying. She recently requested that her room have a "happy people wall with a tiny sun and a tiny rainbow and people laying on a blanket." That is Alena's bliss. She draws me flowers, rainbows, suns, and mostly very happy people all day long every day. They come in envelopes and wrapped in handkerchiefs, they're on the refrigerator, my desk and tucked into forgotten pockets. Her favorite and least favorite parts of her day all belong to her beloved Sammy. No boy ever had a better sister and no mom ever had a better daughter. She is still a "very fussy eater" and she LOVES family movie night. She loves riding her bike to the park, and going swimming and doing puzzles. She hates being alone. She has begun to say prayers-FINALLY. At home she says them in a tiny voice copying someone I know not who. But today at church she was supposed to say the opening prayer in Primary. She wanted me there. However, when the Primary leader came to ask her to take a seat up front, she left me in the dust. She was so excited. I came and I helped her but she spoke up clearly and reveled in the spotlight. I can't wait to see her bloom.

1 comment:

  1. hurray for saying prayers-Ezra used to not say them and now we can't get him to stop. He wants to say every prayer for every occasion. The other night when he wasn't allwed to pray (because it was Enoch's turn) he informed me afterwards (when I said ok say your personal prayers) that he had said his personal prayers durring Enoch's prayer :)

    ReplyDelete