Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sibling envy

"Put this on me so I be baby boy" I don't even like seeing my girls in shiny neon bows. Brigham misses his mommy time. He frequently insists on "my mommy" to take him to the bathroom, put him to bed, feed him etc. Tough to do when I spend so much time nursing but I try because I feel so sad when he does things like throw a tantrum that he never did before Sennia. He doesn't seem to blame his baby sister, mostly he seems to blame the person trying to step in to help. He is starting to say things like "Put Sennia in hers hammock and hold me!" I try my  best to pass the baby on and hold this dear sweet boy who has been my best friend for almost 2 1/2 yrs.

3 comments:

  1. He looks cute in a bow - it matches his eyes =) Poor little guy - I think it's always hard on the old baby when the new baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that makes me so sad:( poor Briggy. It's such a hard transition to make from being the baby to the big brother/sister. I am sure you give him lots of cuddles though. Give him one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we went through that with Peter too. I feel like we still are too and Ben is 8 months. Peter used to say, "Put Ben down, Mommy so we can snuggle," . Peter just needs his Mommy time. I try to take Peter on errands with me when Matt gets home from work so we can have some alone time. We'll I used to, when Matt could handle the baby but since he is on crutches.... Brig will muttle through and I am sure you are doing a great job making sure he is getting his fair share :) You are a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete