Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Endlessly House-hunting

Please offer Advice and feedback!!!!!!!
So we're here. We're house-hunting practically full-time, or so it feels. We actually put a bid on a short sale and I wanted to post some pictures but it has been taken off the MLS. I guess while they consider our offer???? The decisions are really tough though. Here are the requirements I'm sure about:
must have great kitchen
must have at least 4 bedrooms
must have big yard
must be good quality-no laminate cabinets etc
must not need too much work
must be open from the kitchen to the breakfast area and "den"
must have good resale potential

Then what I must decide because I can't seem to find "it all"
pool or no pool
backyard neighbors or not(which I don't want but which are very common)
green space or no
cul-du-sac
efficiency(no vaulted ceilings)
proximaty to matt's work

Herehttp://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=57071119
and
Herehttp://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=98897845
are a couple that we're looking at. The first one we're going to see for the second time Saturday. The kitchen is a dream It's a bit tight upstairs. Backyard is nice with a tall fence to blockout neighbors.
We haven't seen the second one but it's 2 blks or so from the church:) AND, the yard's a dream for Houston. Can't wait to see it.
I wish I could post the other one. It's gorgeous. About four min away from the Crystal Point house, don't know about the area though. Only time will tell:0

8 comments:

  1. We lived very close to the second one when we were in Houston. (We lived at Gleanloch Farms). I loved being so close to the temple and the church is very strong in that area. There were a lot of things relatively close and I liked that we weren't TOO far from "country". Good luck. I don't enjoy looking for a house, but once you have one, it is wonderful making it a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you freakin kidding me!!! I love them both. And the price--we need to move to texas again. I love the looks of the first one, I would build that one here if I could. Good Luck- I guess I would go with which area you like better. It really makes a difference when you are closer to the church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the backyard of the second one. Love the pool. The downstairs of the first one is so open and welcoming. I don't think you can make a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both!! WOW!!! I want to move to Houston. We live very close to our chuch now and it is very nice!!! Maybe one day!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i love the first one is gorgeous!!! we might just have to come visit... haha but then the second one is amazing as well and it has a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one is my favorite. It has fabulous curb appeal which is important with resale values. Also the kitchen is beautiful.

    I hate houses with 2-story rooms. They may look pretty, but when you have children it makes your house so loud. Sound bounces off of everything. It also causes problems with heating and cooling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My short sale took me FOUR months to get. It's totally worth it now that I have it, but it's a long wait. Not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY COW!!!!!! Just looking at the price of what you can get in TX just blows my mind!!!We are in the process of a short sale and once a house is listed as "short sale approved" the process should be shorter.

    ReplyDelete