Friday, September 27, 2013

Tea Time


So we've started having tea time every day. It's turning out to be a really nice afternoon ritual. The kids always come in wanting their "after quiet time snack" and I dreaded it every day because 1-we often don't have lots of snack food around and for at least half the month we're low on fruit and 2-I'm pretty worn out by 3-4pm. So this helps with many issues. They get their snack, I get a hassle free teaching time to cover one of my favorite subjects-the arts. M-Music/composer study
T-Visual Arts/artist study
W-Poetry
Th-Shakespeare
F-Folk Songs and Hymns
So far we've done it 3 weeks I think. Oh, the other nice thing is that (2 things in fact) the kids get a chance to practice their manners(who wouldn't be polite to have a slice of that tart!?) and Sennia's post nap meal has to happen then so teaching during that is primo~!

No comments:

Post a Comment