Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bug Experiments

We have many science experiments going on at our house at any one time. This month we've had some interesting bug experiments. This is Samuel's 'Dead Insect Collection'. This means he killed none of these, at least I think none of these, himself.


Here they are making a bug softener. The point is that you take a dead insect like the one below and put it in the softener jar and then after a day or so you can reposition it. It worked well for many of their bugs.
This is a black widow our neighbors thoughtfully brought the kids back from their trip to Ok
 
 
 
Another bug experiment was to donate my parsley to a select few of the caterpillars that hatched in it. Sadly Brigham brought that experiment to a halt. Caterpillars are much to enticing. 



 Bugs waiting to be positioned.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you guys are one walking science experiment. I'm kinda intrigued, kinda glad I had a girl...

    ReplyDelete