Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Charlotte

Brigham's Party-Charlotte, Anderson and Alena

 
I can't believe how instantly things can change. Our sweet friend Charlotte who visited our house almost every day to play with Alena(since the weather became nice) was killed by her father's truck last Friday. Matt was outside and rushed in to try and help. He rode to the hospital trying to save her life but Charlotte has joined the ranks of immortallity and left the mortals to their sorrow. We were on our way out the door to take our first real vacation. This is a sorrow that you can't leave behind. We hurt for ourselves and we hurt for her parents and we are greatful for what we have and we hurt some more. I have learned how unfruitful it is to ask questions that sound like "why?" after tragedy strikes. It is so had not to. I fight the temptation to argue with death and accuse him of being wrong because this seems so wrong. Nonetheless, I do believe that God takes everything in this world with all it's pain and makes it for the good of those faithful people who try. I do not, however, feel like watching for it sometimes. I just feel like getting Charlotte back for Alena to play with, for Matt to feel like the hero he so desperately wanted to be, and for her parents to love and hold and raise.

2 comments:

  1. My heart is so heavy for everyone involved right now. It is just too hard. We are praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so terrible and tragic. Similar accidents have happened in my husband's family, so I am aware of the pain that results. Thoughts and prayers to you and Charlotte's family.

    ReplyDelete