Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sammy came in one morning last week and HAD to have Owl Pellets. He'd been reading a book while falling asleep the night before and he just couldn't breathe until I ordered them. He was willing to pay for them or hold Sennia so I could do it or whatever it took. There is just no stopping that boy when he fire is lit.  So, we had owl pellets 3 days later. Everyone enjoyed disecting them. Samuel read every detail and instructed everyone how it should be done. His system was much, MUCH better than the online instructions I got from the vendor. He also spent 2 days on them whereas everyone else only disected for about 3 hrs:)


Or 20 min in Alena's case;)



My Aunt Cheryl came for a visit and brought some science lessons with her. WONDERFUL. My boys got to grow bacteria, check out small organisms from the pond water she brought and read some books she shared with us. Sam is my biology guy. He asked me so many times to please be allowed to color in the Biology coloring text she brought that I finally gave in. He, to his credit, has not only colored, but read the text that goes along with it. I'm telling ya, I just can't stop his wildfire.




2 comments:

  1. I love it! Sam is such a smart, focused boy. He never ceases to amaze me! LOVE THEM ALL!!!!! I have to say, the other thing that catches my attention from this is Ms. Alena's pretty smile. She has SUCH a beautiful happy smile, such a ray of sunshine with so many manly brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were just joking about actually getting owl pellets, but I commend you for actually doing it. I don't know that I would have indulged that whim. Good on ya mate for doin it!

    ReplyDelete