Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

Ok, instead of trying to rearrange all of these pictures, I'll just spend the time journaling. 6am Sunday morning Brigham is coughing like a seal bark. I woke up knowing immediately that I wouldn't be heading to church. I got him settled back in for morning and began thinking. I realized that I was kind of glad to be able to stay home and get our Easter celebrations in order since we'd been out way too late the night before.




Brig's puddle jumper.Alena's princess dress. I put it on her and she immediately felt regal. Sigh(she does lots of sighing when she's feeling regal)"Now I just need some stuff on my lips and some rosy cheek make-up and some long white gloves and a crown." more sighing.

Me: Staring and speechless. Finally, "No make-up Alena. you look pretty just the way you are." more staring, speechlessness.


I got lots of plants from all my little gardners.



This is the light meal I had waiting for all my church-goers. Dried figs, apricots and dates with goat cheese, walnuts, olive, gourmet Robin's Eggs, charoset, yogurt, un-levened NAAN. That along with their candy made them all happy and quickly sink into sugar comas. Very relaxing:)


Here are their goods which is all new tradition for the Stechers who are used to Gram Stecher providing all the Easter Sunday loot. I usually go for new church clothes. Gram actually funded a lot of this loot. It was so much fun to put it all together and they were as excited as I thought they would be. Pool and sand toys for the new house, Lindt bunnies, bugs and carrots. Reese's Eggs, Peeps and Cadbury Eggs. Alena got a little different fare since she couldn't eat the chocolate, she got these adorable Beatrix Potter jellies and a Pez.

Here are my church goers.


And, lest you think that we forgot the reason for the season, we spent the early evening with Veggie Tales(Matt's babysitting tool while I took a short nappish thing)and then 'The Lamb of God', 'The Testament' and the Easter clip from the church. The kids really enjoyed it all. I have a hard time watching the violence against the Savior but Matt was in charge so that's what we did. It really was all I could've asked for. I loved it. We didn't revive all of our traditions this year but enough that it felt like a Stecherbush Easter.


































2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! You guys have a great family. You always come through with wonderful things. What are some of your Easter traditions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I love Easter! It is my favorite. I even like it better than Christmas and I love Christmas! Easter is so personal to me that I have a difficult time expressing what it means in words. But I feel it proundly.
    Peter got those Peter Rabbit Jellies too, he didn't like them :) Too bad, because they were really cute!

    ReplyDelete