Friday, January 28, 2011

Daddy's girl

This is Alena during Matt's graduation. Alena has had the most difficult time, hands down, with all of these upheavals that make up more than half of her short life.
She has said things like "Um, I think we need a new dad because ours is never coming back." She isn't a boy and though she and Sam are good friends and she loves playing with Brigham, nobody really "gets her". I wish I could say that I was her best friend but I think that her imaginary persona are really where her world lies. Her relationship with Matt has suffered the most by leaps and bounds with Sam next in line. I hope that the Lord in His tender mercy will allow her a quick recovery. Right now, she wants very little to do with Matt. **sniff, sniff**

2 comments:

  1. I love it all!!! Wow, what a cheering section Matt has. Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this makes me so so sad :( Poor Alena. I kind of know the feeling though when Garrett is in overtime for months he does anywhere from 90-120 hours a week and the kids start acting out and giving him the cold shoulder when he is around. It is such a hard thing to deal with as a mom and you have done very very well with it. I give you guys a 10!

    ReplyDelete