Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blast to the Past-Visit to Dallas

Our first stop was to visit one of the sweetest women the world has known, My Gramma VanWart. I love seeing her so much and I'm so grateful that my kids got to spend a little time with her and Aunt Patty. It's not something that gets to happen often so it is a very special privilege to me.
This is a super fun picture to me because my two best friends and their families are in this room. I'm so lucky to have been given two friends to grow up with in youth and in adult-dome. Among the 3 of us we now have 16 kids ages 16 down to under a year. Cheryl's bookends. There are 7 girls and 9 boys.

This was probably my favorite part of the trip. Really though I don't know, it was all really amazing to see so many special people I loved. Visiting with Papaw was a truly powerful experience. Luke wasn't as miserable as he looks in the picture, I promise:)
This picture doesn't want to move up where it belongs with Jillene's house but this is Ruby, Alena and Jace. All the same age. 



Add caption

Love that laugh.
More leaf collecting.


I sure love that boy. Both of them as a matter of fact:)

My kids had such a great time getting to know Gramma Anderson.  She's such a wonderful woman and I am blessed to come from two very inspiriational Grandmothers.


See, he had a memorable experience, not miserable.

Daddy time was important too.

The relationship between them evoked so much emotion in me. It's something I will never forget. 
We celebrated Sam's birthday with some of my favorite people. Our friends from Law School are like old slippers that fit just right when you try them on again. Their kids are growing up so beautifully. I can't wait to see them again. I wish I'd taken more pictures:(

What I didn't get pictures of was our so so fun and my big boys favorite visit to my cousin Mona's house with their 2nd cousins once removed or something like that and my Aunt Mona and her family and my cousin Gennie.  I'm really feeling the desire to hop in the car and go right back up to all these loved ones as I remember it all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment