Sunday, September 9, 2012

Royse City Family

This is my Papaw. He's retired from a life of hard work and responsibility only because he has Parkinson's Disease which my Dad is also fighting against.

I wondered if my Papaw would even know me because the Parkinson's meds are pretty hard on the mind. When he told me that Sennia had my mom's eyes. That was very precious to me.

This is my Grandma. She's an amazing person. My grandparents are prime examples of many things but one thing that they do is never complain. My Dad is a lot like that. She has an amazing dog too:) His name is Dugan.
When Grandma said "Dugan, go sit with Sammy." He did. He only met Sammy minutes before but he obediently hopped down from her lap and climbed up on Sammy's.


My Grandparents live in a rural area near where I grew up. Their little road ends in a cemetary. Samuel, my cousin's husband and their little boy went out  hunting critters and walking to the cemetary. Reminds me of when I was young. My grandparents home is the only place in my life that has remained the same for me to go back and reminisce.

Sammy and Cody had lots to share:)

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! How fun that Sammy and Cody got to play. And Papaw's comment about Sennia is SO sweet! I have wondered how much his mind is able to recall etc. what a sweet thing that all of your children have known him. I really hope we can take Grace out there soon!

    ReplyDelete