Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finished floor

Here is my finished floor with what we have toward furnishing moved in. This is our library/music room.

It makes me SO happy to see this instead of a junked room with a patchy cement floor. We also love having the piano in here for Luke to play to his heart's content. I barely got my books fitted onto the shelves but I shelved them just how I wanted them!

Take a good look because as you see in this picture, we took the baseboard off to explore the dead bugs we just found all along the wall. Pretty sure they're formosan termites. The beautiful floor and walls you see here may not be here much longer.
So sad. There is hope. They evidently just flew in, we heard they were swarming and hatching now. Sure enough, all their wings are right outside that wall. They are all dying so I guess the old treatment is working but we're getting somebody out here just in case.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your floor looks so good! I'm impressed. I'm really sorry about the termites - it's always something...

    ReplyDelete